North Carolina hospitality is coming to The Black Squirrel on Tuesday, August 13th, starting at 5 p.m. The suds will be flowing, a string band will be playing, and Carolina-style barbeque is on the menu. To kick off the D.C. Beer Week festivities, The Black Squirrel will be pouring rare and out-of-market draft beer from six North Carolina breweries:
- Foothills Brewing (Winston-Salem) Jade IPA and People’s Porter
- Green Man Brewing (Asheville) Zero Dank Thirty American Black Ale, Gold Ale English Bitter, and Red Barcetta American Amber
- French Broad Brewing (Asheville) Kolsch
- Big Boss Brewing (Raleigh) Night Knight Black IPA, Hefeweizen, and Bad Penny Brown Ale
- Mother Earth Brewing (Kinston) Windowpane Raspberries, Smoked Lager, and Triple Overhead
- Aviator Brewing Company (Fuquay-Varina) High Voltage Pale Ale, Horse Power Imperial IPA and HotRod Red.
Bottled beer is available from:
- Pisgah Brewing (Asheville) Barleywine (bottle)
- Olde Hickory Brewing (Hickory) Death by Hops Imperial IPA (bottle)
Musicians include Christie Lenee and Bellwether Hall string band. Music starts at 8:00 p.m. in the Tap Room. No cover charge to see the bands. Chef Brent Sick will add his creative touch to Carolina-style barbeque to complement the liquid treasure.