Attention, queens, RuPaul disciples and otherwise: Women can’t live on beer alone. Foodstuffs are important, too. Combine the two elements in proper fashion – with the help of the experts – and ascend to palate heaven. So allow the women of craft beer to be your sensory guides on Tuesday, Sept. 27th, starting at 6 p.m. at the Black Squirrel, where we will delve into the scrumptious world of food and beer.
Explore your beer palate with nibbles of cheese, salmon, bacon bits, wasabi peas, and chocolates.
Your sensory guides for the evening will be:
- Kristi Matthews Griner, director of Capitol City Brewing Operations.
- Julie Verratti and Jack Basso, Denizens Brewing Company.
- Sara Bondioli, DC HOPS, a locally based women’s homebrewing club.
- Chrystalle Ball, DMV Girls Pint Out chapter head.
- Amy Bowman, owner of the Black Squirrel
Doors open at 6 p.m. with a one-hour happy hour and promotional prices on featured beer. Food pairings begin at 7 p.m. Beers will be sold a la carte; nibbles are complimentary.