Join The Sovereign on Monday, August 20th, as we celebrate DC Beer Week 2018 with the fine folks from The Veil Brewing Company. On this night, we’ll pour 10 beers from the Richmond, VA brewery!
The Veil has sent us an incredible list of beers, including a trio of mixed fermentation farmhouse ales from The Veil’s highly vaunted barrel aging program. Headlining the list is the only keg of Brenner Pass: Grand Cru ever served outside of The Veil or Brenner Pass. This farmhouse inspired ale is brewed with French Saison yeast and aged in freshly dumped French oak barrels.
Other notables include Concentric, their collaboration with Oxbow Brewing Company; and Raspberry All That You Are, conditioned in French oak barrels with whole raspberries.
Not to be outdone, we’ll also po Soft Style, a Double IPA hopped with Citra, Simcoe, Galaxy and Nelson Sauvin; and bluemiata, an IPA featuring Galaxy and Amarillo hops.
There is no admission fee for this event. All beers from The Veil will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE VEIL BREWING COMPANY SHOWCASE BEER LIST
- bluemiata (IPA w/ Galaxy & Amarillo)
- Brenner Pass (Oak BA Saison)
- Brenner Pass: Grand Cru (Red Wine BA Saison)
- Child Support (Pilsner w/ Loral)
- Concentric (Red Wine BA Wild Ale; Oxbow Collab.)
- Dub Razz Tastee (Sour Red Ale w/ Raspberry & Lactose)
- Headless (Double IPA w/ Galaxy, Nelson Sauvin, Motueka & Enigma)
- New Sun (Saison w/ Spelt & Wheat)
- Raspberry All That You Are (Oak BA Mixed Fermentation Saison w/ Raspberry)
- Soft Style (Double IPA w/ Citra, Simcoe, Galaxy & Nelson Sauvin)