Join The Sovereign on Wednesday, September 11th, as we celebrate DC Beer Week 2019 with the fine folks from Area Two Experimental Brewing. On this night, we’ll pour 6 wild and funky beers from the brand new Connecticut brewery!
Area Two is a sour, barrel-aging and experimental brewery from Two Roads Brewing Company and master brewer and co-founder Phil Markowski. The offshoot brewery will produce a wide range of sour beers, including spontaneously-fermented ales inspired by the legendary Lambics of Belgium.
Headlining the list is the award winning Hexotic 2019 -- a Lambic-inspired ale aged 2 years in oak barrels, then conditioned on mango, orange, passionfruit, guava, pineapple and guanabana.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Two Roads beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE AREA TWO EXPERIMENTAL BREWING SHOWCASE LIST
- Hexotic 2019 (Oak BA Wild Ale w/ Tropical Fruit)
- Synopsis: Black Currant (Sour Red Ale w/ Black Currants)
- Synopsis: Dark Cherry (Sour Red Ale w/ Dark Cherries)
- Synopsis: Prickly Pear (Sour Blond Ale w/ Prickly Pear)
- Tequila Barrel-Aged Persian Lime Gose (Tequila BA Gose w/ Limes)
- Urban Funk 2018 (Sour Blond Ale)