Right Proper Brookland's 3rd Annual DC Beer Week Record Fair won't disappoint! As always, we'll have your favorite local record vendors like Songbyrd Music House & Record Cafe, Joe's Record Paradise, Joint Custody, and more! Smoke and Ember, Eat 170 and Bri's Brookland Creamery will be serving up tasty treats and Evan and Ross and Stuart will be playing live! You can also tie dye your own Right Proper t-shirt, plus, we're adding vintage clothing from Antiqui-TEEs! There's something for everyone at this record fair! No ticket necessary, so stop by anytime.
Brewer's On The Block is back for it's 6th annual cele-BREW-tion!
Sponsored by DCBeer.com
Join us September 14th as Suburbia hosts 40+ local Brewers at Union Market, where hopheads & brewers can meet and drink.
When: Saturday September 14th 2pm-6pm
(VIP tickets at 2:00 pm, General Admission 3 pm)
Where: Union Market
Live Music from Big Bad JuJu
GA Ticket Includes: Unlimited tastings from 40 + breweries, conversations with local brewers, souvenir tasting glass, & live music starting at 3pm.
VIP Ticket Includes: Event access 1 hr before general admission, extra face to face time with the brewers, UNICORN beers & frozen hoptails from Suburbia.
Tickets Available at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/6th-annual-brewers-on-the-block-tickets-66357048719
Hellbender Brewing Company
3 Stars Brewing Company
Atlas Brew Works
Port City Brewing Company
Väsen Brewing Company
7 Locks Brewing
Sly Fox Brewing Company
Brew Republic Bierwerks
Potter’s Craft Cider
Jack’s Hard Cider
Manor Hill Brewing
Devils Backbone Brewing Company
Victory Brewing Company
Bold Rock Hard Cider
Tröegs Independent Brewing
Flying Dog Brewery
DC Brau will be Sailing into the final weekend of DC Beer Week on the Potomac Riverboat Company’s Miss Mallory for the inaugural Brau Poppin’ & Yacht Rockin’ sunset cruise. Guests will Escape the worries of the world as we Ride Like the Wind along the majestic Potomac sipping on DC Brau and listening to Yacht Rock curated by the Brothers Brau. Ticket includes a 2-hour sunset cruise departing from The Wharf’s Transit Pier in Southwest DC, heavy hors d’oeuvres and a DC Brau. Additional beer and other beverages will be available for purchase on board. For the full Lowdown on tickets, please visit https://www.potomacriverboatco.com/sightseeing-tours/sunset-dc-brau-cruise/.
The DC Brewery industry as an amazing cast of enterprising women who help shape how craft beer tastes, develops, and grows in and around our city! Join us for a panel discussion and a meet and greet.
• Mari Rodela - Chief Community & Culture Officer, DC Brau Brewing Company
• Melissa Romano - Owner, Lake Anne Brew House
• Katie Marisic - Federal Affairs Manager, Brewers Association
• Drew McCormick - Beer Director, Pizzeria Paradiso (Dupont Circle)
• Tierney Plumb - Senior Editor, Eater DC
Moderated by Red Bear's own Liz Cox.
"Blonde Boots" is a Belgian Blonde brewed at Red Bear with many of the DMV area female brewers! In collaboration with Allison Lange from Old Ox Brewery, Odessa Winters from 3 Stars Brewing Company, Melissa Hoffman from Lost Rhino Brewing Co., Jeanne Burns from Lake Anne Brew House, and Lily Schulz from Denizens Brewing Co.
All profits from "Blonde Boots" on 9/12 and a portion of the remaining batch will be donated to the local DMV Pink Boots chapter on behalf of Red Bear to help women, GNC, and non-binary folks in the DC area grow in the brewing industry!
The Pink Boots Society is a non-profit organization with international membership which supports women working in the brewing profession, especially in creating craft beer. The organization helps women brewers meet mentors, have the opportunity to network with other women in the profession and raises awareness of women in brewing.
Seven DC Breweries will have a keg of their choice on tap - and its up to the thirsty customers to come in and kick the kegs! The brewery that has the first keg to kick will receive City bragging rights, and will receive a $300 prize to donate to a charity of their choice!
Competition Beers Available:
3 Stars "Trouble in Paradise" - A Mango/Guava Sour; Representing 826DC
Atlas "Blood Orange Gose" - Representing Living Classrooms
Bluejacket "Crush-A-Lot" Sour Blonde w/ Coconut, Vanilla, Milk Sugar, Pineapple, Blood Orange & Nutmeg - Representing Arcadia
DC Brau "Third Eye" Pilsner/Kombucha Hybrid - Representing Humane Rescue Alliance
Hellbender "Dunkelweisse" - Representing DC Central Kitchen
Red Bear "51st State" Hazy IPA - Representing Casa Ruby
Right Proper "Baron Corvo Cuvee 2" Bourbon/Brandy/Rum Barreled Baron Corvo - Representing Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
On Tuesday, September 10th, ChurchKey will once again devote all 55 of its draft and cask lines to beers brewed right here in the District. This marks the fifth time we've turned over each and every one of our taps to our DC Craft Brewers. You don’t want to miss this DC Beer Week tradition!
A true tribute to the collective greatness of DC's brewing scene, we will showcase a wide array of one-offs and rarities -- both on cask and on draft 3 Stars, Atlas, Bluejacket, DC Brau, District Chophouse, Right Proper, Valor and more! You do not want to miss this monumental event, one that has quickly become a DC Beer Week tradition at ChurchKey!
Additionally, Birch & Barley will feature Executive Chef Jarrad Silver’s 4-course tasting flights paired exclusively with Washington, DC brewed beers.
There is no admission fee for this event. All beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. This list is subject to change without notice.
CHURCHKEY DC TOTAL TAP TAKEOVER BEER LIST
- 3 Stars 808s (Double IPA w/ Amarillo, Azacca & Simcoe)
- 3 Stars Diamonds Are Forever (Pale Ale w/ Amarillo, Mosaic & Citra)
- 3 Stars Ghost (IPA w/ Amarillo, Simcoe, Citra & Columbus)
- 3 Stars Mango Saison (Saison w/ Mango)
- 3 Stars Peppercorn Saison (Saison)
- 3 Stars Southern Belle (Imperial Brown Ale w/ Pecans)
- 3 Stars Trouble in Paradise (Sour Blond Ale w/ Mango & Guava)
- Atlas Batch 666 (Tmavé)
- Atlas Damn Good IPA (IPA w/ El Dorado & Ekuanot)
- Atlas Dave Trippelle (Rum BA Triple)
- Atlas Effigy (Sour Red Ale)
- Atlas PL IPA (IPA w/ Zythos)
- Atlas Shape of Funk to Come (Red Wine & Bourbon BA Sour Red Ale)
- Atlas Silent Neighbor (Stout w/ Molasses & Caraway Seed)
- Bluejacket Double Mexican Radio 2018 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Spices)
- Bluejacket Escape Momentum (Red Wine BA Sour Red Ale w/ Cherries)
- Bluejacket Fantasy Camp (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ S’mores)
- Bluejacket Hobo’s Lullaby (Triple IPA w/ Citra, Simcoe & Amarillo)
- Bluejacket Self Portrait (Pilsner w/ Hallertau Mittelfruh)
- Bluejacket Solidarity Beer (Kellerbier; DC Beer Week Collab.)
- Bluejacket Time to Pretend (Double IPA; Offshoot Collab.)
- DC Brau Barrel-Aged Cross Quarter Days (Whiskey BA Belgian Stout)
- DC Brau Barrel-Aged Your Pet Cow (Whiskey BA Imperial Stout)
- DC Brau Cha Cha Cha (Weizenbock)
- DC Brau Joint Resolution: Simcoe & Peaches (IPA w/ Simcoe & Peaches; Cask)
- DC Brau Keller Pils (Pilsner w/ Hallertau)
- DC Brau Oktoberfest (Marzen)
- DC Brau Public (Pale Ale w/ Centennial)
- District Chophouse Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine 2017 (Bourbon BA Barleywine; Cask)
- District Chophouse Ellie's Saison (Saison)
- District Chophouse IPA: Citra & Mosaic (IPA w/ Citra & Mosaic; Cask)
- District Chophouse Nut Brown Ale (Brown Ale)
- District Chophouse Oatmeal Stout (Sweet Stout; Cask)
- District Chophouse Oktoberfest; Sunbeam (Marzen w/ Sunbeam; Cask)
- Hellbender Bare Bones (Kolsch)
- Hellbender Capitalsaurus (Witbier)
- Hellbender Dr. Fuzz (Gose w/ Peaches)
- Hellbender Dunkelweisse (Dunkelweizen)
- Hellbender Ignite (IPA w/ Nugget, Centennial & Equinox)
- Red Bear 51st State (IPA w/ Simcoe, Amarillo & Idaho 7)
- Red Bear Dom Peri-Yaaaas! (Kolsch w/ Hallertau Blanc)
- Red Bear Skookum (Amber Ale w/ Centennial & Simcoe)
- Red Bear Something About Rosemary (Saison w/ Rosemary)
- Right Proper Baron Corvo (Oak BA Bière de Garde)
- Right Proper Baron Corvo: Cuvee 2 (Oak Foeder BA Bière de Garde)
- Right Proper Diamonds, Fur Coat, Champagne (Berliner Weisse w/ Lemon & Elderflower)
- Right Proper Haxan (Porter)
- Right Proper Raised By Wolves (Pale Ale)
- Right Proper Scenicrusier (Oak BA Bière de Garde w/ Wine Grapes)
- Right Proper White Bicycles (Oak BA Witbier w/ Black Limes & Mandarina Bavaria)
- Valor Cutter (Amber Lager)
- Valor Deep Dive (IPA)
- Valor Ghostrider (Porter)
- Valor Hellkat (Hefeweizen)
- Valor Two Tank (Vienna Lager)
Join us a Church Hall at Georgetown Park for the release of “Biosphere” - a Farmhouse DIPA by Peabody Heights. The keg will be tapped from 4-7pm and trivia will begin at 7pm!
SPONSORED BY DC UNITED!
THE OFFICIAL DC BEER WEEK KICK OFF PARTY
Join Bluejacket on Sunday, September 8th, as we host the Official DC Beer Week Kickoff Party. On this day, we will release the official beer of DC Beer Week -- Solidarity Beer 2019!
The event starts at NOON, when all beers will be available! The Official Tapping of the Solidarity Brew Gravity Keg and Opening Ceremonies will take place at 4:30 pm!
Inspired by a shared love of German-style lagers, this year’s Solidarity Beer is a traditional Kellerbier gently hopped with Hallertau Mittelfrüh. Brewed at Bluejacket, Solidarity Beer 2019 is once again a showcase of the area’s top breweries -- including 3 Stars, Atlas, DC Brau, District ChopHouse, Gordon Biersch, Hellbender, Port City, The Public Option, Red Bear, Right Proper & Valor.
Beginning at NOON, guests will be able to try Solidarity Beer 2019 on draft, poured from Franconian-style gravity kegs, and in 4-pack cans to go. If that wasn’t enough, we’ll also have limited edition DC Beer Week merchandise available!
Not to be outdone, Bluejacket will also pour guest beers from 3 Stars, Atlas, DC Brau, District ChopHouse, Red Bear, Right Proper & more!
There is no admission fee for this event. All beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. Check back soon for the full lineup of guest beers.
THE OFFICIAL DC BEER WEEK KICK OFF PARTY LIST:
- 3 Stars Trouble In Paradise (Sour Blond Ale w/ Mango, Guava & Lactose)
- Atlas Festbier (Märzen)
- DC Brau Joint Resolution: Simcoe & Peaches (IPA w/ Simcoe Hops & Peaches (Cask))
- District ChopHouse Ellie’s Saison (Saison)
- Gordon Biersch Spalter Pilsner (Pilsener w/ Saaz & Spalter Hops)
- Hellbender Dr. Fuzz (Gose w/ Peaches)
- Port City Oktoberfest (Märzen)
- Red Bear 51st State (IPA w/ Simcoe, Amarillo & Idaho 7 Hops)
- Right Proper Ravaged By Wolves (Brett IPA w/ Mosaic, Citra & Comet Hops)
- Valor Ghostrider (Porter)